Sunday, January 20, 2019

Am I somehow gaining muscle on a calorie deficit or something else? Scale-weight

f, 20, 149lbs

Hi, I began my weight loss around a month ago starting at 160lbs, I am now down to 149 lbs, with a goal of around 138-141 lbs however it has been stagnant at 149 for the past week and a half. I am typically eating from 1000-1300 calories a day and am confident in my calorie counting as I have been logging in food apps for years and have continued to do so during this past month and a bit.

Prior to around that week and a half ago, I was completely sedentary and never exercised besides light cardio workouts occasionally. Since then, I have been consistently doing 20-45 minutes of body weight exercises per day such as lunges, planks, arm circles, one-legged-planks, wall-push ups, leg raises and some ab workouts.

I have lost weight in the past and have got down to around 144lbs before and my body looks incredibly similar to that right now. I can tell I've lost weight visually, my collarbones have come through, my double chin has disappeared and my waist and stomach are much slimmer. My arms feel slightly more muscly and when i flex them I can see a clear muscle definition change and so does my sister. I feel stronger. What I'm asking is, is it possible that I am gaining muscle on a calorie deficit or is that scientifically impossible? I have read about 'newb gains' before, but I'm not sure if its actually true. My main concern is whether the body weight exercises could have hindered my weight loss in some way, as the scale hasn't moved.

submitted by /u/JustAnotherOneThen
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2TXassq

No comments:

Post a Comment