Sunday, January 20, 2019

Honest Post -Fatter than ever- Long but please read

F - mid 20s - 5' 5"

2 years ago I weighed 150 pounds. I felt upset about my weight then.

Fast forward to March 2018 - diagnosed Rheumatoid Arthritis. Put on Prednisone.

Weight gain didn't happen at first - in fact I lost 21 pounds. (It was extremely difficult and I felt like I was starving out of my mind.)

Note that when I began the weight loss, I was at 194 pounds.

Lots of stressful life events have occurred since.

  • 3 months ago hospitalized for adrenal crisis and almost died. It was caused by severe Gastroenteritis.

  • Later hospitalized for atypical chest pain

  • Another family had to take care of my toddler during my recovery for a couple months, broke my heart and I cried every night....and binge ate.

  • After I recovered, I developed Pertussis aka whooping cough because of very low immune system caused by my meds. (I AM vaccinated) - -Lasting so far 3.5 weeks - still sick somewhat even with treatment

-Coughed so hard I fractured my rib

-Rheumatoid Arthritis flare-up

  • And so PUT ON 40MG OF PREDNISONE. (Thankfully now back to 20mg) That's when I really started packing on the weight. Blew up to 248 pounds.

-And just a couple days ago got a call from my doctor to stop one of my Rheumatoid Arthritis treatments immediately because I had extremely bad lab results - and they want to prevent renal failure (!!!) and I have to go to another appointment very soon.

I'm coping by binging. I'm in pain. Doctors said no Tylenol and no ibuprofen. (Various serious medical reasons)

I need to lose this weight. My Rheumy is concerned. I made a list and am buying (mostly) healthy food next week.

I never thought I would weigh this much in my life. It is depressing me immensely and I ruminate about it every day.

I feel so ugly, and embarrassed about my body in front of my SO. I don't even look like me anymore. I'm a fat blob who semi-resembles the past me.

248 fucking pounds.

I honestly feel hopeless.

submitted by /u/lessiam
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2FLE0p3

No comments:

Post a Comment