Sunday, January 20, 2019

It's OK to give in to your cravings every once in a while

I'm 17F 5'9" and I started my weight loss 10/31/18 (SW: 241 GW: 185 CW: 202). I'm a also a long time mobile lurker so apologies for mobile formatting.

I've been obese all my life given that my culture's food is very fatty and high in sodium. I only started caring because I developed depression and became hypochondriac about 4 years ago. With it came eating disorders, some mild and some life threatening. I used to eat 200 calories a day for a while then I switched to not eating for an entire day until coming home and binge eating probably 3,000-4,000 calories. I have since been in therapy and developed a better relationship with food that only got better after yesterday's occurrences.

I went out with my dad, uncles, and cousins to eat at a hibachi place then watch The Upside in theaters. The past week had been a bit rough and I had been eating more than I should have so I was planning on eating small. However, I couldn't say no to my dad and uncles pressuring me to relax without giving backstory on my past week's upsets so I ate what I usually did which is about 1,200 calories. It felt good and I decided that I would just give up my weight loss because "I was built to be a big girl anyways." We saw the movie and I suddenly craved ice cream so I bought it after the movie. That was about 500 calories. I had eaten about 3,000 calories in total yesterday. I went to bed depressed and totally unmotivated to continue my regular workout plan.

I woke up early but lay in bed for hours just totally unmotivated. I decided to weigh myself and see the damage I had done. If I had gained ANY weight, I know I'd probably just quit. Turns out, I didn't gain any weight. Big shocker. I have a higher metabolism and I literally worked out two hours that morning. And if I did gain weight, so what? Just keep working to your goals and laugh at your mistakes and missteps. It was just one day for me to relax and take in all my cravings and emotions head on. It may be just one day for you or maybe one week, one month, even one year of setbacks. I started this journey knowing how hard it would be and I did it anyway for myself. If your craving pizza, ice cream, fries, get it. It's the break your brain needs in order to get back on it better than before. Everything in moderation. I've heard it millions of time but it take moments like I experienced to define it in your own words. Is your moderation just drinking one lemonade at an outing with your friends? Go ahead. Is your moderation 3 slices of pizza instead of the whole pizza? It's your day pal.

Just a side note. I'm going to integrate cheat meals into my diet so that I can hopefully diminish the amount of cravings I get from now on. If someone could tell me how to properly integrate it that's be swell thanks.

submitted by /u/_Happily_Depressed
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2R2b2Dg

No comments:

Post a Comment