Sunday, January 20, 2019

Weight Loss for a Picky Eater

This is my first time posting, please excuse any formatting issues/length. TD;LR at the bottom.

F/23/5’3/186

My weight has been up and down for the last several years. I was relatively thin for the first 18 years of my life. Once I hit puberty, my BMI fell into the overweight category because I’m large-chested, but I felt and looked great. At 18, I was 150 pounds and wearing a size 8. At 19, I tried the Depo-Provera birth control shot to help eliminate my excruciating menstrual cramps. I gained 25 pounds in 2 months. I stopped getting the shot after the first round, but didn’t lose any weight. Shortly after, I moved out of my parents’ house and in with my now husband, and have continued to gain weight ever since.

I lost about 10-15 pounds before my wedding in 2017 by drinking 2L of water a day and eating 1200-1600 calories a day, along with regular bicycling. The problem was that my SO wasn’t focused on eating healthy with me and that I was eating basic, boring food. Generally, I ate the same things every day: oatmeal and strawberries/banana for breakfast, sandwich with an apple and a cheese stick for lunch and grilled chicken with rice and a veggie for dinner.

I kept it off until I quit smoking in June of 2018, when I gained it all back and hit my highest weight ever of 196. I still eat horribly, but I suppose less, and I’ve managed to stay around 185-190 for the last few months.

I currently wear a size 14 (6 sizes bigger than before) and suffer from chronic back pain because my chest has gotten so much heavier. I don’t like how I look, but I especially don’t like how I feel. We want to have children soon, but I feel like if I got pregnant now, my weight would climb exponentially and I don’t want that.

My husband (M/27/6’/302) is ready to lose weight with me now to try to prevent developing long-term health issues, but I’m nervous we won’t be able to sustain CICO because I’m incredibly picky, and he is not. I’m the primary shopper and cook in our home, and I don’t want to fall back into old habits because we feel deprived.

Does anyone have any tips for what to eat as a picky eater, or for weight loss in general? I feel like I’ve watched a thousand YouTube videos on what to do, but still feel like I’m going to fail.

TD;LR: I’ve gained 40+ pounds in the last 5 years and want to lose weight as a picky eater.

submitted by /u/dah94
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2AOx0of

No comments:

Post a Comment