Monday, January 14, 2019

[Day 1] I actually started!

Hi everyone :)
I (24/F) just started what I hope will be my last weight loss journey.
I've been overweight my whole life, and since I started high school my weight has been going up slowly but steadily. I have struggled with bulimia in the past, and I still have a hard time dealing with my emotions when it comes to food: I guess you could say I'm an emotional eater. I love food and I love cooking, but I also turn to food for comfort and to ease my anxiety. In the past few years I worked a lot on accepting my body and its "flaws", so I'm not starting this journey because I hate my body, or because it disgusts me, but because I want to take better care of it, instead of neglecting it and trying to hide it.
I now weight 86 kg (189 lbs) and I plan to reach my goal weight (60 kg/ 132 lbs) by the end of the year.
I'm planning to watch my calorie intake, to watch my portions and to avoid certain foods that I know are not good for me (diary, refined carbs and sugar) every time I can. I'd also like to be more active, so I'm trying to incorporate 30 minutes of cardio in my everyday routine, given the fact I don't like sports at all but feel very good when I move my body more.

I hope this sub will keep me motivated, and I hope I can help someone here too!

submitted by /u/leavethesunshineout
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Ck0wSE

No comments:

Post a Comment