Sunday, January 13, 2019

Finally broke down & bought a scale

In 2017 I lost about 20 pounds, I was so proud of myself! I've never been 'thin', but those 20 pounds (thanks CICO) helped me realize that I could lose weight if I stuck to my deficit. Of course life got in the way (new sedentary job where I car commute instead of bike commute). To put in context, I'm 5'7" and about 180 (size 12 pants/medium top). Not obese, but as pictures showed me over the holidays, definitely have a few pounds to lose.

If I've learned anything it's that the scale doesn't lie (though it does fluctuate) and for me, if I don't maintain accountability by keeping a scale around, my weight will creep up little by little. So even though I've been down on myself for letting myself gain 12 pounds back without even realizing it, I'm trying to be positive by realizing that I didn't gain all the weight back, I know how to eat at a deficit and that I am nowhere near my largest size or weight right now (size 20 pants at 195 pounds, which, even though it looks great on some women, just doesn't look good on me - I don't carry weight well at higher weights). Logging into MFP it's hard to see that it only says '8 pounds lost' when I knew the original number was higher.

Anyway, just posting because even though I thought I could maintain my weight loss without a scale I was wrong, and I felt really stupid for not realizing this before my pants got tight again. Trying to be gentle with myself and get myself back on habits that I know work without feeling like I'm micro-managing my diet. It helps me to write out my thoughts, otherwise I end up beating myself up and using my weight as a measure for how 'good' or 'bad' I am as a person. Trying to get better at finding the balance between self-acceptance and self-love in the form of a diet that nurtures me and keeps me at a healthy weight. The struggle is real!!! :)

submitted by /u/RememberWhy13
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2AMsV3P

No comments:

Post a Comment