Wednesday, January 23, 2019

How do you deal with rude comments regarding your weight?

I’m not sure if this is an okay topic to post, but I really needed to get it off my chest.

My weight loss partner and very good friend was at a weight loss support group and a fellow member broke her heart with a very disrespectful and rude comment. The women who commented has lost upwards of 90 lbs in the last half a year after VSG surgery, so you would think she would be more respectful around this topic. She confronted my friend and told her that maybe if she would lose weight some men would finally look her way. This was done in front of numerous people and it just killed her spirit, and was so humiliating. She already struggles a great deal with self-esteem, and I’m afraid this has set her back once again.

How have you dealt with rude comments about your weight?

TL;DR - Someone ridiculed my weight loss partner in a public place and I’m not sure how to help her deal with it.

submitted by /u/zadashmat
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2HwDsWG

No comments:

Post a Comment