Wednesday, January 23, 2019

I think I'm taking my quest for weight loss too far. Can I get some recommendations on how to revamp?

I am worried that I'm no longer pursuing weight loss for my health but instead pursuing it because my brain is equating a number on the scale with beauty. Like, I'll suddenly be beautiful when I hit 135 and I'm not right now at 142. At the very least I have to good sense to realize that this is a super unhealthy way to think about myself, my body, and my physical health goals. Does anyone have any reading recommendations about loving yourself at any size?

I'd like to still pursue my goal weight but I'd like that pursuit to be because I'd like my health to be a priority and I'd like my old clothes to fit, not because of some weird beauty ideal in my mind. Any recommendations would be welcome!

submitted by /u/gritsgirl0389
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2RapHML

No comments:

Post a Comment