Wednesday, January 16, 2019

How to safely lose weight after an eating disorder?

Hi there, I hope this is okay to post!

My weight loss journey has been quite tumultuous, but this is it in a nutshell. At 15 I was about 15kg overweight and decided I needed to change. I got my fitness pal and counted calories and used a fitbit. I got obsessive over it however and ended up trying to eat way too little while exercising too much for the amount I was eating, to the point where it started to affect my life negatively. I hid it for a year or so until someone picked up on it and I was taken to the doctor and subsequently, made to go to therapy.

That was about a year ago, and I’ve made good progress since then. I’ve built a healthier relationship with food and reached a healthy weight.

However, recently (due to dropping sports to focus on school and focussing less on my healthy eating) I have put on the pounds. I’m not allowed scales but I can tell through the way my clothes fit that I’m getting bigger.

Does anyone have any tips on how to lose weight without calorie tracking? The thought of tracking again makes me a bit scared as I don’t want to lose control again and my fitbit reminds me of bad memories. I also don’t want to go all the way back to square 1 again.

Any help is appreciated and please be kind, this is a bit of a sensitive topic for me :)

submitted by /u/Nomore478
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2RPgwG9

No comments:

Post a Comment