Tuesday, January 8, 2019

I look back and cringe at my old "dieting" habits.

I have had a lot of weight fluctuation throughout my life. I was convinced as a teenager that I was massive and repulsive, looking back I looked absolutely fine. When I was 15 I started WW, and then eventually the 21 Day Diet. I went from around 140 lbs to 115 lbs. While 115 wasn't necessarily an unhealthy weight for my height (5'4), I was miserable the WHOLE. TIME. I thought in order to lose weight you could never eat carbs, only eat plain salads with horribly boring dressing (just balsamic vinegar and olive oil), and essentially work on restricting yourself the entire time. And of course with this came the binging. Ohhh the binging. It was bad. I'm assuming in a normal binge I probably was easily consuming 3000 calories, and this was happening maybe once or twice a week. I continued to struggle with my weight and body image, and by the time I completed university at 23 I was 225 lbs. Yikes. Throughout that entire weight gain I was trying so, so hard to diet. Reverting back to my high school methods of weight loss, it was awful and I hated myself. With the help of this sub and some of my favorite "weight loss" youtubers (i.e. Jordan Shrinks) I have lost about 35 lbs and it has almost been easy! I simply eat the foods I like, in moderation and with some alterations. I do not think I have had a single plain salad this whole time. I am still eating my fruits and veggies, but in a way that makes them enjoyable to me. I'm no longer forcing myself to eat foods that I hate in an effort to lose weight. This has been more of a rant than anything, I just wanted to thank the community for helping me develop some of the most sustainable eating habits I've ever had in my life.

submitted by /u/bigfathippy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2LVCv8O

No comments:

Post a Comment