Wednesday, January 2, 2019

"If You Stop Thinking Of Exercise As A Way To Lose Weight, You May Actually Enjoy It"

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/if-you-stop-thinking-of-exercise-as-a-way-to-lose-weight-you-may-actually-enjoy-it/

TL;DR , Exercise makes you healthier, but doesn't result in significant weight loss

This has been one of my 'gut feels' about losing weight for a while and I am glad to finally find an article presenting evidence to confirm my suspicions. I have always believed that eating less food results in weight loss while exercising makes you fitter (and healthier) but the two are not related. In my experience, intense physical activity always makes me eat more and has never resulted in any weight loss. The only way I have ever lost weight is by eating less.

This is the season that everyone joins a gym to finally lose those extras pounds, and then gives up a few months later when all their hard work hasn't produced any weigh loss. This seems to explain why.

submitted by /u/deenem4
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2GS0rvb

No comments:

Post a Comment