Thursday, January 17, 2019

Just got called to my boss because of weight loss

Guys I'm so disturbed I need to make a post. Today, without prior warning, I got an Email invitation to speak to my departments top level boss. She actually had me called to talk to me about my weight. She said there had been lots of comments from different people, I'm looking unhealthy and I've been rapidly losing weight. She's been worried about me and wanted to know if I'm OK. Also told me sternly that I shouldn't lose weight too fast. Apart from the fact that I have the nicest boss... I'm so disturbed. I don't know my current weight, but the last time I weighed myself was three weeks ago, I had lost maybe 2 lbs in six weeks, and was still firmly overweight by BMI (71kg at 5,5")I've only been in the department for half a year, so they've only seen me losing 30-40 lbs at most.

I've been eating pretty much the same thing for breakfast and lunch for... Two years? My dinner varies a lot, so I eat between 1000-1800 cals daily. TDEE was 1700ish last time I checked. I've been exercising often in the last weeks, cardio only once a week, the other days it's resistance and weights.

I have to agree with my boss on one thing though, my face has been looking shitty recently. On many days I feel I'm looking sickly and grey, and shitloads of vitamin c and exfoliating serums don't change a thing. A few months ago I was still getting compliments from strangers on my glowing skin. I feel better than ever though... My energy is amazing, going to the gym almost every day after work and 2 kids has not been an issue even once, and yesterday I jumped up and down at a punk concert for 2 hours (should I log that as HIIT? ;))

So yeah, I'm confused and insecure. Loseit, am I secretly starving myself and not noticing it? I do have a history of obsessive and overly restrictive dieting, and even though that's decades behind me, I don't trust myself fully.

submitted by /u/nhove
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2CsVFPe

No comments:

Post a Comment