Thursday, January 17, 2019

Just starting out, feeling very discouraged

Hey all,

I had lost something like 70 pounds a few years ago (went from my high of 260 to low of 190), but after moving and getting a new job, I ended up putting it all back on. Today, I'm at around 265.

My wife and I recently moved to Europe, so we have started a new life as expats. This is obviously exciting, and one of the ancillary benefits is that without my usual amenities (food delivery like Postmates), I've been eating much healthier since we got here. I've been doing OMAD (one meal a day) during weekdays, as I recall from my last weight loss journey that intermittent fasting is great for getting in shape. Today I just tried a 10 minute at-home exercise routine using the 8fit app - and boy do I feel terrible. Even doing something as simple as 20 seconds of squats 3 times had me sucking air. I'm so absurdly out of shape that I'm feeling like this is insurmountable. I'm really upset that I let it get this bad, as I recall from last time that inertia was my key to success. Right now it's just so tough to get started that I'm feeling quite discouraged.

I am really hoping that I get some good progress soon.

submitted by /u/fs616
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2ASlGHx

No comments:

Post a Comment