Friday, January 25, 2019

Looking for some nutrition advice

Hello everyone! I posted my first post on this sub a while back to mark the beginning of my weight loss journey. I have had a very rough start and was asking some questions about supplements, to which some of you responded were not necessary.

I've discussed with both my primary and psychiatrist how my weight gain has been caused primarily by stress. In 2016 I weighed around 175 lbs (5'2"), and going into 2017 I steadily began to lose weight as I was prescribed some new medications. I went down to 145 lbs by July 2017. The medications I were on included welbutrin/buproprion (which is known to be included in some weight loss medications, but is also used for depression) and adderall/amphetamine salts. My desire to eat was absolutely zero during this time and I had to force myself to eat only when I was hungry. But, I was living on my own at the time, so I was making much healthier food options such as fruits and vegetables and more natural sweeteners.

I maintained 145 lbs throughout 2018 until about April when I went through a very difficult and stressful time, and was also titrated off all of my medications. I immediately started gaining weight back and have reached my highest weight ever at 190 lbs by the start of 2019. I fit in only one pair of jeans, all of my leggings have ripped in the back, my bras suffocate me (I am easily a DD), all of my blouses no longer fit. I am absolutely miserable because I can't dress nicely anymore and my self-esteem has plummeted. I began to dedicate myself to losing weight again and have recently been re-prescribed welbutrin and adderall which has immensely helped with my food cravings. I am now down 5 lbs just from eating less.

My problem is this:

I am attending my third year of college and a family member has agreed to give me the upstairs apartment rent-free as long as I go to school and provide for myself, which I do, aside from the fact that they also agreed to share their food with me because they always have a surplus. I have school supplies, car issues, cat issues, and body care supplies to worry about so I cannot afford to buy good meals every week.

My family member only buys carbohydrate and sugar packed foods. Non-perishable items and a lot of breads which are not usually whole grain. No fruits or vegetables. Always more soda than anything else.

What kind of diet can I adjust to where I don't completely disturb their way of eating by asking them to change? They are skinny as hell so they don't feel the need to change anything. I was considering starting an herb and vegetable garden this spring because seeds seem much more affordable. I live in the Northeast U.S., so does anyone have some good gardening tips for this climate? There must be alternate ways I can get back to a more natural and healthy diet.

Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/AvrieyinKyrgrimm
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2MvPnTy

No comments:

Post a Comment