Friday, January 25, 2019

Walking excessively to burn calories

Disclaimer: I'm aware that diet is most important for weight loss ^^

Hi all! Hypothyroidism made me gain quite a few pounds so I'm trying to lose some, but simply dieting has proved difficult and I've found that walking upwards of ~6 miles a day has allowed me to be more active and stick to a healthier diet. What I'm curious though is, simply put, say I eat ~1800 calories a day and I stick to it, and I walk 6 miles a day (split in two 3 mile trips) to burn an estimated 500~600 calories.

Now I know that it's not as easy as saying I'm eating around ~1300 calories a day if I stick to this plan because BMR and exercise effect calories differently, so my question is what other factors should I consider when using this plan for weight loss and how many calories am I realistically "taking in or eating" per day?

Thank you for the read!

submitted by /u/Akbnoob
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2CMmBcZ

No comments:

Post a Comment