Sunday, January 13, 2019

Looking forward to this journey!

Hey Everyone!

I just subscribed to this subreddit 5 minutes ago after spending about 2 hours reading through some of the posts and material. This place is so inspiring and motivating, I'm glad I found this!!

I just created a MyFitnessPal account 3 days ago and have been logging everything I eat, as well as all of my exercises. I am male, 27 years old, 6'1" and currently weigh 313lbs. My goal is to lose 2lbs per week, and the ultimate goal is to get to 200lbs. Once I reach that goal, I will set a new one. Until I was about 18, I was active, playing on sports teams including soccer, rugby and basketball. I hit heavy depression in college due to various reasons, and the next 6 years I put on weight year after year. I am now doing 9Round Fitness 5 days per week, which is a kickboxing inspired cardiovascular workout. On the other days I am hitting the elliptical for 30 minutes. I want to start with weight loss before putting on too much muscle so that I can keep up with the pace.

I have very little experience with working out, nutrition and calorie counting, and the general world of the exercising. On the plus side, I am a full time head chef, so cooking a healthy meal shouldn't be difficult (though very boring haha).

Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself and I hope to meet some like minded people. Any advice would be appreciated (the do's and do not's that I may not be aware of). I am excited to be a part of this community and find the motivation I need.

Looking forward to the journey.

— FinnAnotherHuman

submitted by /u/FinnAnotherHuman
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2FuGeJq

No comments:

Post a Comment