Sunday, January 6, 2019

'Losers' of r/loseit, what are some of the more embarrassing/unusual/humorous side effects to losing weight that you've experienced during your weight loss journey?

I really hope this post is allowed, I am going to add some personal anecdotes to try to meet required posting rules.

I am six days back into my weight loss journey for the new year. I made a few changes to my diet, most importantly that I decided to go vegetarian and it seems to be going pretty well, I'm eating less crap, fewer calories, lost about 3 lbs already, and I'm eating lots more veg, fruit and pulses. It seems to be helping my IBS too, with the exception of one thing...

I got enough gas to power Britain! I think the increase in fibre has... spiced things up in my digestive tract. My SO told me the other day that my farts smell like dog food. Definitely not been eating dog food. I've tried peppermint tablets, yoga stretches (to get it all out lol), sitting on the loo for ages tooting away, avoiding beans for a few days, cutting down my diet fizzy drinks, avoiding booze, but nothing is stopping them! I'm hoping once I adjust to the increased fibre intake things will settle down, mostly for my partner's sake. It smells like the inside of a packet of dry roasted peanuts in here (I hope someone gets this reference!)

I just wondered if anyone else was having some embarrassing/funny/odd side effects that we could all have a giggle at or help each other out with some advice on how to ease it, I know a week into resolutions/weight loss plans can mean some people feel a bit low or like they want to give up.

I hope this makes someone other than myself giggle, the SO definitely doesn't find it funny...

submitted by /u/tanvscullen
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Fecjox

No comments:

Post a Comment