Sunday, January 6, 2019

Confession:. I am scared of maintenance

Hi everyone,

I have been doing CICO since May and am currently down 65 lbs, with about 25 lbs to go until I hit my current goal weight of 140.

My starting goal weight was 160, so as I get to that benchmark, I am starting to imagine what life is like at maintenance, and to be honest, it scares the shit out of me.

I have been eating in the 1200-1400 calorie range since August (1500 before that), and I am so comfortable with it. Meals are predictable and my weight loss of 1-2 lbs a week is predictable, even when my activity might be less so. I want that same predictability at maintenance - that my weight won't go up, that I know what to eat, and that things balance out even if I slack on exercise for a few days. I am just so terrified of gaining again, or getting comfortable eating at too high of a calorie count. When I punch in my new goal weight of 140, my maintenance calories are about 1575, which is basically a whole other meal. If I punch in the fact that I exercise 3-5 days a week, that number jumps to over 2000! I can't imagine being at 2000 calories a day!

So for those of you who have made the jump from eating at a deficit to maintenance, what was it like for you? How did you find your number/range?

submitted by /u/whytheaverage
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2RgGbYZ

No comments:

Post a Comment