Tuesday, January 1, 2019

M/40/6’[251>240=-11] first goal met!

After several lighthearted attempts to lose weight over the years, I’ve finally gotten back into a successful routine.

I’ve been in to camping for several years, and that has recently grown into a desire to do some long distance hiking. So I set May ‘19 as a date, and my goal is to complete a 76.8 mile thru-hike of the Foothills Trail in SC. I’ve budgeted 5 full days plus a half day on each end to give us enough time to complete the trail with some side adventures.

One of my friends heard about my trip and immediately started voicing his reservations. When pushed, his reasoning boiled down to the fact that he thinks I’m too out of shape. This finally lit a fire under me because I thought “who is he to tell me I can’t do it?” So after our conversation (Monday 11/26/18) I started CICO. No other weight loss methods. My starting weight was 251 and my first goal was to lose ten lbs. by the end of the year. I’m proud to say I hit my goal — I weighed 240 for my final weigh in of 2018!

For January I’m planning on adding cycling to help accelerate weight loss, and once I get to 230 I’ll start the Ease into 5k program, which I’ve had success with before. If I can keep up the 10 lbs/month, I should be in great shape for a May hike!

submitted by /u/crash1911
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2CIp4Gd

No comments:

Post a Comment