Saturday, January 5, 2019

My journey thus far having lost 95lbs

http://imgur.com/a/UH88mkY

This is an album of some before/ after photos.

I’m 5’5 and I went from 260lbs to 165lbs.

It has not been easy. I was obese my entire life. By the time I was 11 I weighed 160lbs. I went through high school and college obese and I never imagined a life where I wasn’t obese. I was unemployed and so depressed I was on the verge of suicide when I started my journey in may of 2016. I started as a tool to help manage my anxiety and depression. It helped so much but it also created its own issues. I lost the first 50-60lbs pretty easily. I was riding the weight loss high in the beginning. I was weighing out all of my food. I was avoiding going out with my family or friends out of fear that I wouldn’t be able to track. I was tracking every single piece of food that went into my body including things like brewed black coffee or salsa. I’m not going to lie, it worked really well. I lost weight fast and I was happy for the most part. That was until I realized my entire life was revolving around my diet and workouts. I didn’t feel like myself anymore. I felt like I needed a change so I took a break from tracking and I maintained for over a year.

When I came back to losing the second time around I approached it in a much more balanced way. I tracked in MFP but not obsessively. I had a pretty good understanding, by this point, of how many calories were in certain foods. I did track but I was much less rigid. I also started training. I started running very slowly at first but made it a priority to run for at least 30 minutes 3 days a week. In the beginning it was mostly running/walking mix. Then I slowly started incorporating weightlifting into my routine. The rest is history. Here I am now, a few years later and 95lbs lighted, and I don’t even recognize who I used to be. I run 3-5 miles 6 days a week and I train 5 days a week. I still track and I’m still working toward losing the last 30ish pounds but I’m so in love with this lifestyle I’m in no big rush.

Anyone out there who feels like you can’t do it, you can! I never imagined I would be “normal.” I thought I would be obese forever. If someone like me can have success so can you!

submitted by /u/kwenni
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2AwAeMN

No comments:

Post a Comment