Saturday, January 19, 2019

Need help. I'm (M35) donating Kidney and I want to help the odds...

Hi everyone. So I'm in the process of donating a kidney to my father. I have tests coming up in March at the Mayo Clinic and I really want to do everything I can to be as healthy as possible when I go. My doctor recommended some weight loss would be a good idea. I don't smoke, no drugs, no longer drink since December (I drank very rarely anyway so that was easy to give up), and really only drink water since forever.

I'm about 6'2" and 252-ish. In the past (back in my late 20's) I had managed to drop from 280 lbs. down to 180 lbs over the course of about a year, but I honestly can't really tell how I did it. I really just kinda lowered my calorie intake and ran about 3 miles a day 5 times a week I'd say (I am a really crappy runner though). I honestly have a very innactive lifestyle both at home and at work.

For several months now, I've moved onto whole wheat turkey wraps, scrambled eggs, peanut butter sandwiches, and sometimes grilled cheeses. I've also fallen in love with nonfat vanilla greek yogurt. My current very simple plan is kinda to just start diving more heavily into lean chicken, vitamins, eggs, and just running until thin. I just figured I'd see if anyone could tell me if/how stupid a plan this might be and get some feedback from people more knowledgeable than I.

So I guess my question is, what's a realistic goal I can set for myself to reach by March? I'd say my ideal overall weight is probably 200 lbs. But I don't want to hurt myself as I tend to overdo things sometimes (looking back at pics of me back at 180 lbs. I honestly feel I looked too skinny in hindsight).

I have someone counting on me for this now and I really want to do this right. Thank you!

submitted by /u/Endvalley
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2CuEdtJ

No comments:

Post a Comment