Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Perfect BMI versus perfectly happy?

This is an advice post, I hope no one minds but I worry about the status of my relationship due to my weight loss. I think my boyfriend is crossing the line in supporting me.

I lost 30 pounds when I met my boyfriend, and he was insanely supportive as I lost another 70. I am now at the low end of overweight in my BMI and have been struggling with the last 20 pounds. But I am happy, truly, truly happy. I have never been this content or happy with my body. My boyfriend however, gently reminds me constantly that I still have more to lose. To be fair, he is as kind and gentle as possible, but it's almost like he is pushing me for the sake of his own vanity in having an attractive girlfriend? I am starting to think this because he has always talked about how proud he is of me, and how hot ive become. That he knew when we first got together I would turn into a hottie. I have not dated many guys prior to him, because of my self esteem issues, so he always jokes he got to get the girl with ugly duckling syndrome. Other comments include: "Do more squats, i can't wait to see you with a tight cute ass" --- "If you eat that chocolate you won't be able to wear that tiny black dress I love."

I really believe he loves me, but I'm happy. Ive tried telling him I don't need as much support but how shitty is it to ask your S.O to stop being supportive? Also, my argument really holds no water because I'm still technically overweight so I am not at the most healthy I could be.

I wouldn't mind losing the weight to be in a healthy BMI, but I am already so much further than I ever thought I would be. Any advice on how to balance this?

(Edit to fix a mistake in explaining weightloss)

submitted by /u/throwawaybflbs
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2SImJRi

No comments:

Post a Comment