Wednesday, January 9, 2019

How do you focus on weight loss when you already like how you look?

Hear me out. I'm a big woman, 5'8" and about 300lbs (I haven't had access to a scale in a while). I legitimately like my body. My husband loves my body. I'm a confident person. In my teenage years I was full of self-hatred and horribly insecure, I've overcome that and I'm a much happier person for it. I got married in September and I was a fat bride without a care in the world! I was happy and I felt beautiful, and I look at those pictures and smile.

But I know that this weight isn't healthy for me. I want to have kids in a few years and my size can complicate things. My ankles start to hurt after a short time when walking or standing. I get winded from walking up one flight of stairs. And there's other things, like having a hard time finding clothes that fit nicely (and then paying a fortune for them). Travelling is difficult because I'm uncomfortably shoved into seats I'm too big for.

I certainly have my reasons for wanting to lose weight that don't involve my appearance. My problem is that every time I attempt CICO I become fixated on how I look and suddenly I'm that miserable teenager again wanting to hide from the world. I think this mostly comes from weight loss circles online being focused on looks (of course). I see all the horrible things people say about their before pictures... Those look just like me. It gets me down. I want to be healthier but not at the cost of becoming sad and insecure again.

I guess what I'm looking for is any insight from people who are motivated to lose weight for reasons other than how they look. How do you keep a positive attitude about your body while actively trying to change it?

Sorry for the diary entry, I appreciate anyone who read it!

submitted by /u/ChromaticPerversion
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2D1mCuL

No comments:

Post a Comment