Friday, January 18, 2019

Read something that scared me out of using stevia... what are your opinions?

Hey guys! Sorry for the long post, but it would mean so much to me if you read it and helped me out!

So I had spent the last year on a weight loss/muscle gain journey, but I've been plagued by this one issue: lots of bloating, and really really stubborn stomach fat. I'm now at the low end of a healthy weight (but now working on gaining muscle weight!) but I have a terrible-looking stomach, despite my weight. I know that at least part of the problem has to be weak abdominal muscles, which is why I recently started implementing a bodyweight ab routine. However, I came across an article that really worried me:

http://slimbirdy.com/2016/01/22/stevia-and-belly-fat/

I use stevia EVERY day, and honestly quite a lot of it. I do a lot of baking, so I use a lot in my desserts. I also put quite a bit in my daily Greek yogurt breakfast.

Now, I'm wondering if my constant bloating issue/persistent stomach fat is due to how much stevia I eat. I do understand CICO, however, as thats how I've lost weight during my journey, and according to CICO, Stevia shouldn't let me gain fat, right? But theres an italicized paragraph in the journal that talks about how it will still make your body produce fat, by creating glucose from other body tissues. However, even if Stevia isn't making me put on literal fat, I still wonder if its responsible for my bloated, pregnant appearance despite being a relatively low weight.

I think what I might do is starting tomorrow, I'll completely cut out stevia for a week, and see if I have a reduction in bloating/inches off of my waist. After that, I'll update you guys on what happens! I won't change anything else. Also a heads up; I don't restrict carbs or anything like that; I eat literally whatever I want as long as it fits in my calories (1360)

Meanwhile, I would really love to hear if anyone has stories, or has the same body type/stomach shape issues that I'm dealing with right now, or if anyone has noticed changes in their body since adding/taking away stevia from their diets. Theres a lot of comments at the bottom of the article from people who tell stories of how much better their appearance is after quitting stevia, which is what makes me feel more convinced than I normally would be by a journal like this.

Also, if anyone has their own input on the article that they want to share, that would be so helpful! The internet is a place with lots of opinions and misleading info, and I wanted to ask you all about it before I let the journal convince me that I can no longer have stevia if I want the body shape I've been coveting.

(Also, please don't be mean to me :-( I'm not posting this journal to say that stevia is bad and that you all should stop using it at all; I'm posting this here to ask questions and try to clarify all of my confusion and distress about what I've read, and to figure out whats true and what isn't. Best case scenario, I've been worked up over nothing and I do get to continue using stevia in my day-to-day life.)

submitted by /u/nyatama
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Fz3IOv

No comments:

Post a Comment