Thursday, January 24, 2019

Really need someone to help me understand how carbs and water weight work, because I am so lost

I recently lost a lot of weight by eating healthy and exercising. Seems pretty simple. I stopped eating junk food, started walking, and got down to my goal weight. Then I added some calories back in to my diet and maintained that weight for about a year. Then, this past Christmas came and I put 8 pounds back on. Not a big deal. I know carbs and sodium add water weight, so I figured I would just cut back on the calories and the weight would work its way off. It hasn't been that easy.

I am at a calorie deficit almost every day, and am certainly at a deficit each week. I count the calories and make sure. But I allow myself a cheat day each weekend. Nothing crazy. Pizza for dinner, maybe a scoop of ice cream. Chips at lunch. Enough to make the day over calorie, but nothing that would push the week over.

But, as everyone seems to know, as soon as I have my cheat day, I put two or three pounds back on. Boom. No debate. The pounds hit, and they never, ever seem to come back off. One step forward, three steps back. I keep being told it is just water weight from the carbs. But when does it end?

If every time I have a cheat day I gain three pounds in water weight, but only lose a half a pound or so that week in calorie deficit, my weight will just continue to balloon back up. I feel like the only solution is to never, ever have a cheat day. One cheat day undoes weeks of weight loss. How am I supposed to go on like this? Is there a point where the weight gain from fluid stops? Or can I just count on seeing my weight go up two pounds each week with each cheat day I have? I am so absolutely frustrated I just want to give up. I thought for sure that if I was good most days I would see all that carb weight from the holidays melt off. But it isn't. It just keeps getting worse and worse each time I have a single day of enjoyment. What can I do before I just give up completely and resign myself to being overweight?

submitted by /u/ashleyis99
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2FJTo6h

No comments:

Post a Comment