Saturday, January 5, 2019

Setting realistic pre/early transition weight loss goals

I'm MtF transgender, and will soon (end of January) be beginning HRT. I've been unable to find much conclusive information about how my caloric deficits will change with the hormonal changes, and how my weight loss is expected to shift in pace.

I'm 5'11, 226 lbs with roughly 27% BF. I started tracking calories Dec 1, 2018 at 244 lbs, and have been consuming on average around 1550 kcal per day. (Excluding Xmas and eve, not that it's exceeded that much) I live a mostly sedentary lifestyle. My goal weight is 165-170lbs.

I have ordered some workout equipment (bike, hand weights, resistance bands) as I find myself restless and willing to put forward some effort, but have serious self-consciousness and anxiety issues preventing me from wanting to go to a gym.

So, my questions are:

How should the pace of my weight loss change based on HRT?

Should I change my caloric intake after adding exercise to the equation?

What's the maximum "safe" amount for me to lose? I know 2 lbs/week is the timeline, but honestly, I'm looking to expedite the process quite a bit if at all possible, as HRT is much more effective with a lower starting weight, even if you put some weight back on later.

submitted by /u/aKatPerson
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2CPYdIl

No comments:

Post a Comment