Friday, January 18, 2019

Should I be concerned?

Background story:

22, 5’2” started at 170 (October) now down to 150 by cutting out most added sugar, low carb (salad instead of rice, or potatoes, lettuce wraps instead of bread, zucchini instead of noodles), and working out 5 days a week (30 minutes cardio, 45 minutes weightlifting). It’s honestly been a lot of fun and I feel healthier so I’m super excited.

Here is my concern: The last two weeks I started counting calories after losing 5 pounds in a week after switching to lower carb and cutting out sugar. I was concerned I wasn’t eating enough because I mostly consumed just veggies and protein which can be low in calories. I would only eat when my body was hungry too. Which when I counted my calories, I was consuming 1000-1300 a day. Which is pretty low but I felt really full and eating more made my stomach hurt.

I read that after awhile your body gets used to the low calorie intake so it’s a good idea to carb up/increase calories a day a week or every other week. So today that’s what I did. I had roughly 1900 calories, more carbs than normal (oatmeal, rice noodle ramen, and fiber shake) and even two cups of ice cream and a few pieces of candy.

My stomach feels awful and I’m wondering if I messed up by doing that or how I can be healthy with my weight loss. I don’t want to mess up my metabolism and I feel like I’m all over the place. Did I mess up? Am I doing this all wrong? 5 lb in a week (never gained back so it wasn’t water weight) is a bit much. Help.

submitted by /u/ascherger
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2DkIMrX

No comments:

Post a Comment