Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Struggling with a soft, stretchy, saggy self after weight loss

Does anyone else feel that even if they are at a weight they are okay with, it's not as "good" as if you were someone who had always been smaller or around that weight? Aside from my breasts I don't have a lot of loose skin, but there is definitely a softness to my body that I notice other women around my weight don't have, even though I live a relatively active lifestyle (especially in the summer months).

I lost 75 pounds 4 years ago (in about a six month period). For most of that time I have maintained a weight between 145-155lbs (as a 5'5" woman). I want that to be good enough for me. Unfortunately 2 years ago I was told by a man I was very much in love with that the reason he didn't want to iniatie sex or actively touch me was because my body felt "wrong" to him, and not like all the other slimmer/thinner women he's been with. Obviously I ended things with him (to his surprise, somehow??), but I have still not been able to forget that. For reference, here is a (NSFW) comparison of what I looked like at the time after losing weight: https://imgur.com/a/Ew0WqeK. I am still around there in terms of size and fitness.

I have stretchmarks and cellulite and somewhat saggy breasts and I don't think losing weight will help me feel more comfortable in my own skin :/

Mostly I am just looking to hear from folks who have maybe had similar experiences (or otherwise). How do you learn to accept your body even knowing there is no hiding it's history?

submitted by /u/zerokaleidoscope
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2CIdmvk

No comments:

Post a Comment