Wednesday, January 23, 2019

SV - No longer “obese”!

29F. 5ft 4in. Started at 190 and weighed in this morning at 174.1 which puts my BMI at 29.9 which is in the overweight category!

I started this weight loss journey in November. I’ve been trying on and off for years but something clicked. I felt gross. At first I was doing the 17 day diet which has 4 cycles of 17 days with various dos and donts. (Cycle one is limited fruit, lots of veggies and lean protein, no processed sugar). I lost some but after a trip to the east coast, I fell off the wagon. It wasn’t sustainable. I love sweets.

I signed up for a work challenge called “hold it for the holidays”. I elected to lose 5 pounds instead of keeping my weight. (I lost 11 lbs at my weigh in). Throughout thanksgiving, December, and Christmas, I just tried intuitive eating. Making better choices, eating 1 cookie instead of 4. Ive been going to the gym for years but I also started to get a little more serious mid December.

Jan 1st came and something clicked. I’ve lurked this sub and finally succumbed to the (positive) pressure. I bought a food scale and started CICO. I started the new year around 183 and for the first time in a few years, I’m not obese. I’m so happy but I still have a long way to go. Thank you for this sub. So many have inspired me to keep going and this isn’t impossible. Keep up the good work guys!

submitted by /u/auntiesaurus
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2FMaIrg

No comments:

Post a Comment