Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Frustrated with other people's weight loss

A year or so ago, my husband and I went on the South Beach diet for a few months. I lost 7 pounds (which I regained as soon as I went back to normal eating) and he lost 40 pounds (which he has still maintained even though he doesn't follow the diet anymore). I go to the gym and work out with a personal trainer and watch what I eat. My husband, aside from his brief stint with South Beach, does nothing! Eats what he wants and doesn't workout at all. Everywhere we go, people tell him how great he looks and I want to literally punch him in the face every time. Obviously, I'm proud of him but I'm also angry.

Now, my girlfriend and I have decided for 2019, we're getting healthy together and will be each other support system. I have kicked up my workouts (5 times a week as opposed to 3), cut out alcohol (I went from drinking 4 glasses of wine daily to a few drinks once per week), and have started tracking my food to ensure I'm staying in a calorie deficit. She has cut back on pop and does a 30 minute workout on a piece of equipment she bought from the As Seen on TV Store. I have lost 1 pound. She's lost 10. Now everyone at work is telling her how great she looks.

I realize that everyone has their own struggles, but it seems like I am killing myself for NO results and everyone around me is making a few changes and the weight is just falling off them. I want to be happy for them, but I'm not. I'm seething with jealousy. It's making me feel very discouraged. Can anyone else relate?

submitted by /u/abby1kimono
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2FUEjy7

No comments:

Post a Comment