Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Frustration- Can Strength training mask weight loss?

Hello all,

Back on the weight loss wagon after falling off and gaining some weight back. Im doing everything right that I did before - logging all calories and exercise via MyNetDiary and Fitbit. Most days I have a 750-1000 deficit, but maybe 1-2 days a week I’m at maintenance. I’m also walking daily, as well as intense strength training/cardio classes 3x weekly (low weight, high reps). The math says I should be losing!

However, the scale is just going up and down like crazy. Sometimes I will be 2 pounds heavier the morning after strength training and having a deficit.

Is it possible for strength training to make your weight fluctuate more wildly? I haven’t found anything to support this, but it just feels so absurd how much my weight is fluctuating. I also don’t think I can be gaining muscle because I’m eating at a deficit all the time.

Thanks for any input!

submitted by /u/ShrunkenChesticles
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2FRULz8

No comments:

Post a Comment