Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Weight-loss books that you recommend to others?

I'm looking for new recommendations and fresh inspiration as I settle on my weight-loss and fitness goals for 2019. Below are my five, along with the authors and a brief summary; remember that you can often find used books, even hardcover, in Very Good condition on Amazon for $5-$8 (including shipping), and that Kindle versions are often less than $10.

[1] Keeping it Off (Colvin and Olson): Long out of print and a dated font and format, but full of inspirational anecdotal stories of obese to normal BMI, and helpful advice on how others have made their weight loss permanent.

[2] Younger Next Year (Crowley & Lodge): An easy, fun read aimed at 50-somethings, with plenty of sound advice for anyone in their 40s or beyond. They don't pull punches and offer tough love to get you up and moving (especially for people like me who have never been athletic).

[3] Lean Habits for Lifelong Weight Loss (Georgie Fear): I was initially put off by the "abs" cover, but the four core habits and 12 supporting habits she outlines are absolutely 100% effective. A good reference book that I revisit every few months, as I have not always been ready for some of the habits, but have often found myself ready to tackle them later.

[4] Body Fat Breakthrough (Darden): I often come back and challenge myself to hammer away at his 10 Fat Bombs. As with everything else in this (and any) list, you have to pick and choose what makes most sense to you, both in this moment and in general. But the more tools you can acquire in your journey, the better, and I find this one helpful in mine.

[5] Mindless Eating (Wansink): I'm well aware of the criticisms of his methods (others unable to replicate his studies, etc.), but his guidance to become more mindful of the food traps that are out there, and to become more mindful of our food, are helpful to me. Downvote away! But please leave your reasons if you do.

submitted by /u/179in2019
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2FfoFO8

No comments:

Post a Comment