Friday, February 8, 2019

30 pounds down and it's had a major effect on my attitude.

39M 225lbs to 190lbs.

Even though I'm not yet to my target weight, I've been maintaining at 190 for a bit for a multitude of reasons. Although now I'm gearing up mentally to make the final push to the 175-180 range where I really want to be.

In the meantime, I noticed something about myself this morning: for the first time in over 10 years, I actually care about my appearance. It's not just that, however, I'm actually taking pride in how I look. I've started dressing better. I'm doing other stuff to improve my look.

For example: my entire wardrobe consisted of tan or khaki cargo pants and black, loose fitting shirts (either polo or with some clever print). While I still love my pop-culture reference shirts, I've been dressing more like someone in their late 30s should be dressing. I own jeans for the first time in 15 years, for example. Not just that but jeans that fit appropriately and aren't baggy. Some of them are even slim fit. I found out how polo shirts are actually supposed to fit and have been wearing them properly as well.

Beyond that, I've started taking proper care of my skin with scrubs and moisturizers and such.

Finally, I was balding. I tried a few things that didn't work out so I said "screw it. I'm going bald on my own terms" and just shaved it. Although the wife isn't thrilled on that (she's very averse to sudden/drastic changes), I'm happy with the look and it seems to have shaved some years off my appearance.

I'm getting compliments now. Actual compliments. From strangers even.

The weight loss was the catalyst. It all started with me saying "I'm tired of looking and feeling like this." I've gone from hating myself to pride. I'm standing up straighter and walking with confidence.

It's a weird feeling but I like it.

submitted by /u/MisterCrispy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Sy8WQD

No comments:

Post a Comment