Tuesday, February 5, 2019

A new start. Getting fit for my wedding day! Lost 180lbs and then hit a plateau. Asking for experiences/tips

Hi all,

Over the last 18 months, I’ve maintained my weight of 80-85kg (180lbs) after losing 70kg (154lbs). I’m 1.79m (5’10”) and not muscular at all, so I still have quite a bit of bodyfat that I want to get rid off before my wedding day on the 12th of July. I want to look the best I can for our big day and I feel more motivated than I’ve been in quite a while.

From 2015 to 2017 I lost nearly half my bodyweight by tracking my food and, mainly during the first 12 months of weight loss, a lot of cardio. I haven’t worked out in about 2 years now, however and I managed to maintain just by tracking my food (1700kcal per day) for several weeks, followed by some weeks of occasional binging and not keeping track. Rince and repeat for 1.5 years.

The reason I’m posting this is because I renewed my gym membership yesterday and I already worked out twice since then. I want to ‘finish’ what I started 4 years ago. I want to lose some more kilos and then focus on getting a bit more muscular, because right now I kind of look ‘skinny fat’ and I hate my belly. My upper body fits into a size M, but my belly is very visible when I’m not wearing size L, which makes me insecure when I’m not wearing slightly oversized clothes. It feels like I didn’t finish what I started and even though I’m very proud of what I have achieved so far, my self-esteem is not as high as I’d want it to be.

I also want to stop being inconsistent in my food-tracking and occasional binge eating. Whenever I’m stressed out at school I tend to give in and it goes off the hook for weeks.

Now on to the question I’d like to ask you: How do you guys stay consistent? How do you keep yourself motivated to steer away from unhealthy snacks during the weekends? How do you keep yourself motivated to keep going to the gym, even when you’re tired, busy or stressed out? I’m looking to indulge as many tips as I can to make this a success.

By posting this publicly I’m trying to take this new start as serious as possible. Thanks for taking the time to read this. I hope you all have a great day!

TLDR: Wedding is in 6 months and after plateauing for a long time, I finally feel motivated to lose the last lbs and get into shape. Looking for tips on how to stay motivated and stay consistent.

submitted by /u/Koning038
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Gdlmrk

No comments:

Post a Comment