Friday, February 22, 2019

A treat is not the same as a binge

I’ve really been working hard to tackle the mental aspect of weight loss (thanks to all of the wonderfully informative and inspiring posts here) which I think is my biggest problem. One of my struggles is bingeing on treats and you all know how that affects weight loss, two steps forward, one and a half backwards. I’ve been back to tracking my food intake. Previously I’d get obsessed with it and it would make me feel worse and I’d skip it on my binge days. Now I’m seeing it as a tool to be more aware and mindful about what I’m eating, not a reward/punishment. Part of my binge mentality is feeling like I didn’t want to miss out but it occurred to me that I can enjoy a treat, but it doesn’t mean I have to binge and completely derail my progress. This probably isn’t new to many of you and I ‘knew’ this, but sometimes I’m a bit slow and there’s a bit of time between knowing and understanding something.

submitted by /u/Kayesse
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2U2NwZa

No comments:

Post a Comment