Thursday, February 21, 2019

Looking for Advice: How to stay disciplined when you start seeing results?

My weight has yo-yo'd a lot in the past, and this year I'm trying again to build healthier life and eating habits. One issue for me is I'm in college, and a big part of social life tends to be going out for food, especially junk food. I've started seeing some results from watching my calorie intake and regular exercise, and now I feel myself 'relaxing' into old habits like I have in the past -- essentially I think, "well I'm not going to undo all of my progress with this one ice cream cone with a friend, or this one milk tea, or this one big meal out with friends."

This has happened every time in the past when I've tried to lose weight & first saw some results, and even though I know the result will be that I eventually slip down the slippery slope & undo all of my hard work, I can't seem to regain discipline once I start to see results.

How do you keep yourself on track and not slip back into old habits? What does 'discipline' mean to you in the context of weight loss and how do you sustain it?

submitted by /u/deerruhan
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2EqcUCT

No comments:

Post a Comment