Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Bad time on tinder revitalized my willpower to lose it - any similar experiences here?

Hello, long time lurker here!

A bit of backstory: A somewhat of a catalyst for my weight loss journey was when my then girlfriend's started commenting on my weight gain so I decided to do something about it. I was feeling good after losing over 10 kg/22 lbs (from +97 kg to ~86 kg) but the relationship had some fundamental issues so we decided to break it off in the early 2018. Since then I've been improving myself in other areas of my life (hobbies, finishing my master's, making new friends) and giving time to myself (didn't want to jump to a bandage relationship). Unfortunately (in hindsight) losing weight had been not one of the improvement areas so I basically plateaued at 86 kg for over 9 months or so.

Current situation: In early 2019 I felt ready for a new relationship and turned to tinder even though I knew in advance that it's rough for an average looking guy like myself. Like the typical average Joe I did some research on making a proper bio and which pictures to choose. After a while I was pretty disheartened with the 'results' as I still had 0 matches even though I didn't feel like I was being particularly 'picky' or trying to match out of my league (cons of living in a smaller town I guess?).

This experience kind of gave me an extra boost to be the best me I can be - cliché I know. After all, people get attracted to looks (especially via dating apps) and fall in love with the person. I guess it's shallow but it made me want to lose those last 14 kg/30 lb because I feel I'm missing a chance to romance someone just because of my appearance. Started counting calories and hitting the gym again!

Anyone have similar experience with dating apps as I had?

And has someone reached their goal weight with a similar motivation? How do you feel now?

submitted by /u/myredux
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2UXMUnE

No comments:

Post a Comment