Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Seems like my boyfriend is no longer taking our weight loss seriously...

My boyfriend and I have been struggling with our weight for the past two years. We decided that come February 1st we would change our eating habits and restrict our calorie intake. The first week went really well and we both lost weight, but this second week has not been the same. I realized that he does not have self control. I noticed earlier in the week that he does not know how to stick to correct portion sizes despite me telling him he needs to pay attention to this. He had an entire medium pizza, and an entire large pizza, to himself on two of the days this week. I came home yesterday and saw he ate multiple things of mine that definitely exceeded his calorie intake for the day. Now he is getting upset because I won't buy him a variety of different candy/treats for Valentine's Day even though we already agreed that we weren't celebrating.

I am getting fed up because I have been serious about this, while it seems that he is just being lazy and falling back into his old ways. I have been doing all of the work as far as meal planning, grocery shopping, cooking, dishes, and meal prep goes. I confronted him about this and he doesn't seem to think it's a problem... he claims that he "didn't think doing this weight loss thing would mean I couldn't have fun." even though we discussed and agreed upon what we would and would not be eating before we even began this. I would like some advice on how I can talk to him about this or what I can do to try and get him back on board. I would like to just not care about what he does but I know that the issues that his weight has caused in our relationship will end up breaking us up if he does not lose it. Please help.

submitted by /u/throwawaymycrisis
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2tjeyQm

No comments:

Post a Comment