Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Pushing through an aspect of trauma.

Without wanting to reveal too much, I was abused by someone I loved and now I feel like I am avoiding successful weight loss because I want to avoid being perceived as sexually attractive. I already lost 20kg during 2017/18 with relatively little effort, but I've gained about 8kg back since my situation got worse last year.

I know I can easily stick to 1200 a day, and I enjoy working out--but it's like the rational part of my brain (the one that really wants to succeed and lose it) switches off sometimes and the bad thoughts just overwhelm me, stuff like 'you're already disgusting, it doesn't matter if you eat more shit', 'if you stay fat nobody's going to pressure you into anything' et cetera. I don't exactly binge eat, but on bad mental health days I definitely eat larger portions, stop tracking my calories and avoid my workouts.

Of course it's just a matter of self-control (and therapy lmao), but I was wondering if any of you have advice on dealing with stuff like this. I got a fitbit yesterday since I find being able to track my progress helps me stay motivated and keeps the hurtful thoughts at bay/overwrites them with positive ones.

submitted by /u/hazebaby
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2SNCppS

No comments:

Post a Comment