Saturday, February 2, 2019

Body recomp but no weight loss. What should I do going forward?

First post! I'm a lurker but find a lot of good information here.

I'm a bit embarrassed to even post this because I have lost weight in the past just through calorie counting and I have read so much about weight loss but I'm stumped. I would really appreciate any insight.

I am 5'5" and weigh about 190lbs. BMI is over 31. I'm obese! Ideally I'd be 150. Last May I took my first "progress photo" at 190. Two nights ago I took another progress photo.... at 190. I definitely do look better and I have lost inches but I haven't lost a stinkin' pound! I'm super proud of the progress BUT for right now I really do want to drop some pounds as I'm hoping to get pregnant again soon and I don't want to start this high on the scale.

I tried weight training last summer. Took most of the fall off. Didn't count calories until January 1 when I decided to count with the goal of 1 lb/week loss, and going to the gym for primarily cardio 3-4x a week and have done great with that. It's now Feb 2, and the scale hasn't budged.

I typically net about 1400-1750 calories a day, with one day a week closer to 1900. My TDEE is 2100 if I'm being conservative, but 2400 according to my exercise frequency. My fitbit supports the 2400 TDEE number but I try to not put a ton of stock in that.

I had my annual checkup and thyroid is fine, all my numbers are fantastic except for my BMI.

I made sure it wasn't my scale.

Is it possible to plateau from the very beginning? Like not even a water weight drop? Has my body just optimized itself at this weight? I remember when I lost weight a few years ago, I'd see these great whooshes in either direction sometimes. Someone suggested that if I lost weight before solely calorie counting, I should just do that again, but I really do like the benefits of exercise.

So, I'm wondering if I should just keep doing what I'm doing or what exactly I should change up here to see some scale movement. Thank you!

submitted by /u/emiliacamellia
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2MNpTBk

No comments:

Post a Comment