Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Good effects of weight loss seem to speed up the more you loose ...

Hi

I (M, 37, 6'1") have recently noticed that the effects of my weight loss seem to be speeding up now that I am not THAT overweight anymore. I started with around 120kg (265lbs) 2.5 years ago, lost around 15kg (44lbs) in around 2 years, mostly in spurts of a few months and then plateauing/fluctuating because I started eating crappy again. In the last seven months I have quite consistently lost around 0.5kg (1lbs) per week.

After loosing the initial 15kg some people said: "Hey you lost weight", but for the most part people did not seem to notice (especially if I saw them once a month or something like this). In that time I also only had to buy new pants etc. once, I did not notice my weight loss myself besides what the scale said and I also did not feel lighter or anything.

In the last 2 months as I am approaching non-overweight-territory all that has changed. People that I have not seen for a few weeks suddenly ask me whether I have lost weight (and I tell them: "Yes, like for the last 2.5 years" :)), I have gone down in pants sizes three times in the last 6 months and the pants that were slightly too small around a month ago seem somewhat loose already.

At first I was a bit surprised about that. In my really strict times I probably have lost around 1kg per week, but the effects now seem to be a lot bigger. In some way I guess all of that makes sense. Loosing 10kg when you weigh 120kg is probably less noticeable than losing 10kg when you weigh 90kg. You are just loosing a higher percentage of your body mass. I just never thought about it that way.

Is that something that you have also noticed?

submitted by /u/Paethon
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2DeW6Nd

No comments:

Post a Comment