Sunday, February 10, 2019

How can I keep from falling into eating disorder-like behaviors?

I am 18, 5’8 and about 155lbs. Not exactly unhealthy, but in late summer (so 5-6 months) I was at 135 and felt good there. The changes in that time frame that i think sparked my weight change are that i started college (so stress, and probably poor eating habits) and am no longer working farm labor, which was my main form of exercise. I don’t like the way I look or that I feel out of shape, so I’d like to get closer to where I was before!

The problem is that I have a very obsessive personality. I have never had an eating disorder exactly, but I have had bouts of uncontrollable exercise and consumption obsession in the past. Neither of these was enough for me to really consider them ED, but I do think that if I am not careful with my weight loss they could definitely develop into something more, and I don’t think I would be able to recognize or find help for that if it happened!

Tldr I’m nervous to try losing weight because I’m worried my obsessive personality will throw me into an eating disorder. How can I safely have this journey?

submitted by /u/330ain
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2THZg3n

No comments:

Post a Comment