Wednesday, February 6, 2019

I didn’t plan to lose weight, but now I am.

I set out this year to develop a better work-life balance by spending more time looking after myself and fueling my body with what it actually needs. I work from home, running a small business, so I don’t get any incidental exercise.

Last year, I would work 10-12 hour days everyday, eating whatever I could just grab and eat at my desk and my version of exercise was throwing a ball for my dog at the park.

When my boyfriend brought home some bathroom scales, I was so distressed when I saw it hit 99kg. In fear of hitting 100kg, I started walking my dog 2kg every morning. After 6 weeks, I mentally felt better, but I also developed plantar fasciitis. My physio told me that I shouldn’t go for walks but rather try swimming until the pain went away. So I took up swimming and it made the pain disappear. And I realised how much more productive and stable my days were becoming with this new morning routine. I get up, I walk my dog for 2km (now that my feet aren’t in as much pain), go home for a light breakfast, change into my swim hear and hit the pool for 10x100m laps.

I think the best part of my new routine is the balance. Ive decided that mornings are for me. I use my mornings to work out, plan my meals for the day etc and then the rest of my day is spent working. This new balance means that I dropped 3kg in January, even though I spent 4 days with family interstate and multiple celebrations such as Australia Day just eating junk food. So far this month I have lost another .5kg.

This morning I weighed in at 94.8kg. I haven’t been this light since before I started my business. I have spent my whole life trying to lose weight for the sake of losing weight. Now that I am trying to simply find balance, weight loss is just a side effect.

submitted by /u/TinCrocodile
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2UOqndd

No comments:

Post a Comment