Sunday, February 10, 2019

I feel clever for this motivation I've given myself.

After reading someone's "microgoal" post the other day and recently joining here, I thought about trying it out for myself a little bit!

My goal is to, by the end of the month, have lost AT LEAST five pounds. 323.4 lbs is what I want to be at by March 1st. I know that may seem a little silly, I could mess that up easily by just weighing myself at the wrong time of day, after all. But my hope is I will actually lose a little more than 5 so it will be more noticeable. (I also intend to stop eating after 7, and only weigh myself in the morning before my shower, morning water bottle, etc.) I will be continuously altering my food intake as well as gym visits. My hope is that I can get to the gym 3-4 times a week and eat <=1600 calories/day.

IF I have at least lost that pesky 5 lbs, I will let myself buy something I really like....which for me is a Skylander. Yep, that Toys to Life fad that was super hot from 2011-2017, and kind of 2018? I LOVED it. I was a major collector (well, am... {glances at list of over 400 figurines}). In fact, I'm super into gaming in general and am going to college for computer programming and video game design.

IF I can hit that 5 lbs loss goal, I can buy any Skylander that's $40 or less. And IF I can adhere to my new sleeping/eating schedule for at least 2 weeks in a row (also restricted by month), I can have one day where I maybe don't necessarily ignore my calorie deficit, but am a little more lax about it. I.e., don't go nuts and eat 3500 calories or something instead of 1600, but maybe 2000 or something like that. Or maybe just let myself have something like a pizza. Despite working as a pizza delivery driver, I still desperately want pizza. Ignoring that leftover, extra pizza at work is so haaard! lol.

But this also means that if I can't adhere to my schedule for at least 2 weeks in a row by March 1st, that the time will rollover and I have to try again at the two weeks in a row thing starting March 1st. So no fun food day for me if I can't do it. And if I can't achieve that weight loss goal, I don't get my expensive piece of plastic.

New ideas include...

Getting into a routine. My schedule is so all over the plaaaace. Some days I wake up at 7am. Some I'm up at 11am. Some like today because I still haven't slept for the night, needless to say this all starts... tomorrow. 2/11/19. I'm up at 2pm. The idea is no matter the day, I am:

  • Awake by 6:45am, in the shower by 7am.
    • Side note, I am going to start keeping water by my bedside, that way I can wake up and immediately drink some water. Can also drink water before bed, or if I'm being lazy and watching TV, etc. Going to try to wean myself off other drinks.... which are only diet sodas, but still.
  • Eat dinner before 7pm, and have nothing else afterward.
  • Am taking my melatonin by 10:00pm and in the bed, going to sleep, by 10:30pm. No electronics after 10:00pm either.

These are going to be massive changes and Im almost certain I will fail the second half of my monthly goal this February but oh well. I will live, and I will try again!

submitted by /u/thewaitinggame8
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2SjR1h4

No comments:

Post a Comment