Sunday, February 10, 2019

Needing help maintaining weight loss during grief.

In 2016, after the birth of my daughter, I took a look at myself and realized my weight had gotten out of control. I went from 105 lbs in high school/college to 200 lbs in a few years and I was miserable. I signed up for Weight Watchers and lost 75 lbs in a year and maintained that for 2 years. I was so proud of myself and my confidence was so much higher. I felt like I was finally in my groove. Here are some pics of my original journey: (https://m.imgur.com/gallery/Ccg6T)

In July of 2018, I found out I was pregnant with our second child. We were more than elated, and motherhood is truly what I feel I was made to do. I maintained healthy eating and only gained 5 lbs in 4 months (as opposed to the 65 lbs I gained with my first). After 4 months we found out that I was miscarrying and the baby had no heartbeat. It has been 3 months and 1 week since I heard those words and it still feels like a knife in my heart. All my drive and motivation to stay healthy completely disappeared. And honestly I was okay with that for a while, I was trying to focus on my mental and emotional health as well as keeping my family going, and I was trying to be gentle with myself. The problem is, I have gained 20 pounds since my lowest weight and I feel awful. My clothes barely fit and my confidence is shot. But I still can’t manage to find my way back to where I was. I have managed to lose 5 pounds, but it has been so slow to come off. I am trying, but my motivation is just gone... I don’t know how to get it back. I never had this issue the first time around, I stayed active and ate so much better and never had to force myself to do that. But now every day is a struggle.

Has anyone else experienced this? I need help and if I try to talk about it in person I break down so I don’t know where else to go.

submitted by /u/namesmemow
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2WSOKbu

No comments:

Post a Comment