Monday, February 18, 2019

I lost weight but I didn't lose fat. I need help on how to get out of this skinny fat situation.

I'll try to make this as brief as possible since this is probably a typical post (yet I'm still desperate).

First, some useful info: I'm a 19 years old male. I haven't measured my height lately, but I know I'm between 175 - 180 cm. Current weight is 75 kg.

Now then, here's my story.

So, I've been really fat all my life and made a change some years ago. In one summer, I went from 92 to 72 kg thanks to a strict exercise routine and an even stricter diet. Quite the achievement, yes.

However, I realised I did lose enough weight, but I didn't lose nearly enough fat. I mean, I have objectively improved, I can see that in the mirror. But I still have a horrendous body fat percentage of 20 - 21 %. So yeah, I'm basically a skinny fat guy. Literally everybody tells me how thin I look, but what they don't know is that's just because I have clothes on. And, like, my face is still pretty round. I'm just as ashamed as when I was fat. I still hate myself for how I look. Nothing's changed.

I wanted to fix this. Last year, I tried eating less calories without focusing much on exercise (I won't deny I was lazy, but college was pretty abusive and I was really short on time). What I found out, though, is that I was losing weight and could probably lose as much as I want. But I was not losing any fat.

Seeing how that failed, I started to eat as usual without worrying too much (and still not doing exercise), so I recovered the weight I lost (as I reminder, I weight 75 kg now).

But, I want this to end. I want to lose fat forever. I'm taking about reaching at least 15 % body fat, which I think is adequate for my gender and age. And I will focus both on diet and exercise to do that. But I'm wondering how to do it without excessively losing weight, since I wouldn't like to be under 70 kg (but, realistically, 65 kg is the strict limit). Also, I don't care about growing muscle unless it's really necessary. All I want for now is to be thin.

So, knowing all that, here are my two obvious questions:

1) What is the best kind of exercise I can do?I thought I could try running, for example. As far as I know, continuous exercise is the way to go to lose fat. I thought maybe running for 1 to 2 hrs at least 4 or 5 times a week for the whole summer may do the trick. But a side effect this might bring is an excessive weight loss. Honestly, I prefer avoiding gyms. Without going into details, I don't like at all the atmosphere of the gym I'd have to go.

2) What is the best kind of diet for me? Commiting to a diet will be no problem. I have a strong will. But I have no idea what is adequate for me. I'm sure avoiding any kind of sweets and processed foods will do (basically eat healthily, which I should always do), but maybe something more concrete will help me a little bit more.

So, is my goal realistically achievable in the timespan I've specified? Do I really need a strict diet? Also, bonus question: assuming I can do it, could loose skin become a problem?

If you need any other details, please don't hesitate to ask. Any help is really appreciated. I mean it.

submitted by /u/DavidAPXC9918
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2GQ0Z2O

No comments:

Post a Comment