Wednesday, February 20, 2019

I pre-planned my Chick Fil A treat meal, and I never want to go back to doing fast food the way I did it in the past.

Today, my 4-year-old daughter had surgery. My husband told me on the way to the hospital this morning that we would be stopping to get her a treat after all was said and done. I had packed healthy sensible snacks and water in my son’s diaper bag, so I wouldn’t be tempted to binge on vending machine chocolate and soda while I nervously waited for it to be over.

Anyway, my breakfast and mid morning snack barely registered on my calorie balance, so I made the conscious choice to indulge in some Chick Fil A, BUT I pre-planned the meal while we sat in downtown traffic (wasn’t driving). I decided what I was willing to spend my calories on and knew immediately that it was NOT soda or waffle fries.

I took an L for 3 breaded chicken strips and a SMALL vanilla shake with a fruit cup. In the past, I would’ve thought nothing about upsizing. I also would’ve eaten all of the upsized meal and sucked down my large vanilla shake in two seconds flat. However, almost two full months into my weight loss journey, and I’m full on the small. Like stuffed. I can’t even imagine how I upsized in the past.

My Chick Fil A craving was satisfied. I feel it was worth it, and I have enough calories for the sensible, healthy dinner I had planned for tonight. I didn’t go off the rails. I made mindful decisions. I can feel my body telling me that it’s more than enough. It feels good. No guilt, and no setbacks.

This is the healthiest weight loss journey I’ve had yet. I don’t feel deprived at all because I’m no longer trying to live under 1000 calories every day like I did on previous journeys. I’m on a 50 day streak on Lose It (my longest ever) because I haven’t “rewarded” myself with a mindless binge and avoided logging.

I’m really glad to have found a group of people who advocate slow and healthy weight loss for lifetime changes. I seriously don’t know that I would’ve continued to do this in a healthy way without your posts and encouragement.

submitted by /u/LifeAfter3Babies
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2DW42Ua

No comments:

Post a Comment