Wednesday, February 13, 2019

I promise it gets so much easier :)

For all of you who are starting out, who are just losing their initial pounds and feel so strongly that this may not be working. It works. CICO works. And this whole process gets so much easier, I promise.

  • I actually feel full with meals that I suffered so much with, with months ago. All I thought of was food, back then. Now restriction and hunger is hardly on my mind.
  • I still get excited with cake and ice cream- but I feel full with so little.
  • On days that I do overeat, I suffer. My stomach hurts. It is a long time before I repeat that mistake and learn again.
  • There are no days I flop on my bed just because I am too full to move. Not after weddings, not after holidays.
  • Noone asks you shit after eight months. They are probably tired of asking you to put on some weight and have accepted you.

Things that helped me along my journey:

  • Be honest with yourself. Under/overestimating in your app will lead to inconsistent results. If you are consistently underlogging and don't lose weight, be honest enough to admit to yourself that you didn't log all that you ate. Don't hate your body or this process or the rate of progress.
  • Sustainability is the goal. The goal is not to never eat another pizza till you lose weight, then go back to all that you were craving. Teach yourself to eat the foods you want to eat at some point. Maybe in different quantities. The goal of your journey is to develop a healthy relationship with food.
  • Be aware of how you feel. How do you feel when you are craving? How do you feel physically when you eat 100 calories above maintenance? How do you feel when you see that number on the scale. We are emotional beings, it helps to acknowledge the emotions.
  • Every step in the right direction is a victory. You refused ice cream thrice? Awesome. I am proud of you. You be proud of you too.
  • Try not looking at food as a reward. The reward for not eating that pizza is not ice cream later that week. You eat ice cream later, great. No problem. But don't look at one food as a reward for the lack of another.
  • It's been so long since I went there and ate that. There are so many food joints, options, choices, that we feel we are depriving ourselves if we don't go to our restaurant once a week. You can love the taste of a food and not have to eat it often to appreciate it.
  • No food is bad, teach yourself portion control. That cake is fine. The fried chicken is fine. The soft drink is fine. BUT you have a daily budget that you kinda have to stick to. Drinking a sip of your friend's soda when offered and but finishing the veggies will leave you so much more room for dinner. You want the soda? Get the soda. Log the soda. Stay roughly in your limit everyday. If it is maintaining or cutting.

I understand this may not work for everyone because weight loss is a very personal journey. Just wanted to share what helped me.

<3

submitted by /u/CurlyMope
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2DC7hQh

No comments:

Post a Comment