Tuesday, February 19, 2019

I think I can actually do this!

I've struggled with my weight my whole life. I was that stereotypical fat girl that was bullied all the time in school for being fat. My family was constantly pushing me to lose weight even though all of them were just as overweight as I was or more so and they would bribe me to do things with food as the reward. How could a child/teenager be expected to lose weight and change their eating habits when they knew nothing about living a healthy lifestyle and their parents only bought processed junk and takeout for every meal?

As the years rolled by and I got older, the weight slowly kept piling on. I hated myself more and more every time I looked in the mirror. Even as an adult, I couldn't quite get a hold of my eating habits. I thought that being fat and not taking care of myself was the only way after struggling to lose weight time and time again only to never make any progress.

Here I am now though. I'm 20 years old and finally on the road to leading a better and healthier lifestyle. In early January, I finally stepped on the scale to see how bad things had gotten. At 5'8 I weighed 322.3 lbs. I was so disappointed in myself. I had always told myself, "Well, at least I'm not 300 lbs". But there I was. I had surpassed the threshold of what i thought i would never be.

I stepped off the scale and learned as much as I could about weight loss. I finally settled on focusing on CICO and exercise. I vaguely remembered that CICO had worked for a short while when I was a child but that I just hadn't stuck to it. I decided that this would be my final attempt at losing the weight. I had to succeed this time. I dropped my calorie intake to 1500 calories a day and exercised almost every day.

The good news now is that I've dropped 21.3 lbs since January 24th of this year. I never thought weight loss like this could ever be achievable for me. Every prior attempt got me nowhere. I just wasn't in the right headspace to push through. I'm now 301 lbs. I'm almost under 300 again. It doesnt even seem real.

The bad news of course is that I still have so far to go. Even looking at the progress I've made I still feel like there's so much potential to crash and burn along the way. I don't want to fall off and give up completly on myself.

Any tips and pointers are welcome. I would love to understand more about what I can do to be a healthier person and I would absolutely love feedback on if I'm losing weight in a good way or not and what I can do to improve.

submitted by /u/interstellar12121
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2BHm0t2

No comments:

Post a Comment