Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Looking for motivation today by looking into the past

April of 2017 I was sitting at a game and felt bad for the man next to me. I was fat enough that my hips touched the inside of the armrests and if I wasn't paying attention, I would bump the bottom of his drink with my thigh while it sat in the cup holder. To be fair he didn't seem to notice or care, but I did. I didn't want to be the person people dreaded being sat next to. I was at an all time high of 208 lbs(94.3 kg). I set out to lose weight during the off-season.

I was still learning how to balance my diagnoses with normal life and didn't manage to shave off much. I did start to fit in the seats better and was even able to finally buy a women's shirt in the team store for the first time during the next season. It was a size 2x, but at least it wasn't a men's size. Over the course of that season, I ended up at 188 lbs (85.3 kg) in April of 2018. Still not happy, but at least making a little progress.

Side note : I thought about waiting until April to write this up, but I have been having a really hard time lately and hope this might help. I'm looking for motivation by looking at my past and figured now is as good a time as any.

This past off-season I kicked into high gear. I realized I weighed approximately the same as the male athletes I watch and felt ridiculous. I rely on my intake for my weight loss because my activity level is often nonexistent so I logged every calorie like my life depended on it. If I was at my limit but hungry? Too bad, do better at balancing things tomorrow. I knew I was starting a very long and difficult path since I'm short and not active, but it's been harder than I thought.

I'll be going to a game tonight wearing a size large women's t-shirt. People will be able to slide past me to their seats with no trouble anymore. I fit completely within the armrests of those same seats now. I know I will hear all of the comments about the seats being too small in the arena but I now recognize them as absurd. I'm still about 8 lbs overweight but feel tiny when listening to the complaints that always happen. It feels good. Finally.

I still don't know if I have what it takes to get to my goal, but I think I might have enough oomph to make it to a normal weight. I generally avoid all pics of myself but I dug up a few for that added motivation. For reference, I'm now 38 and still 5'3" or 160cm. Highest weight was 208, starting to truly try weight was 188, and today I am at basically 149(67.5 kg).

Thank you to the people who suggested I take photos again, I didn't really see the changes until now. I felt different, I just didn't see it.

submitted by /u/__queenofdenial__
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2X9Jnok

No comments:

Post a Comment